2017 Podcast Giveaway
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States who are 16 years of age or older.
2. Employees of the Minnesota Corn Growers Association (collectively, "Sponsor"), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. The giveaway begins when announced on February 19, 2017 and all entries must be received by 4 p.m., local time, on March 24, 2017.
2. To enter, visit KernelNation.com and follow all instructions to complete the online entry form. Only one online entry at KernelNation.com per email address per week.
3. After submitting an online entry at MNFarmTeam.com, entrants can tweet (via Twitter) the following information to receive five (5) additional entries. Only one tweet per Twitter user per week.
a. February 18, 2017 through February 24, 2017: Minnesota corn farmers invest $4 million annually in research that helps them better protect our state’s natural resources. #KernelNation
b. February 25, 2017 through March 3, 2017: Homegrown ethanol reduces harmful greenhouse gas emissions by 43% when compared to regular gasoline. #KernelNation
c. March 4, 2017 through March 10, 2017: Conservation tillage is a common practice used by corn farmers to protect our state’s rivers and streams. #KernelNation
d. March 11, 2017 through March 17, 2017: Sustainable biopolymers, or corn-based plastics, are just one of the over 4,000 uses for corn. #KernelNation
e. March 18, 2017 through March 24, 2017: Learn more about the conservation efforts of Minnesota corn farmers at KernelNation.com. #KernelNation
4. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or revise the contest if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
5. One prize winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid giveaway entries on or about March 24, 2017.
1. One (1) prize winner will receive two (2) 20-game Minnesota Twins baseball season ticket packages. Season ticket packages will be determined by the Minnesota Twins and based upon availability. Prize package valued at approximately $850. Prize is provided by the Minnesota Corn Growers Association.
2. The prize winner will be announced on or about March 26, 2017 during the Gleeman and The Geek podcast. The prize winner will also be notified by email on or about March 27, 2017. If the winners cannot be reached within 7 days of notification that prize will be awarded to an alternate winner who will be selected by random drawing if, in Sponsor's reasonable discretion, time permits.
3. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. The winner cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
4. The winners are responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
Odds of Winning; Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for online posting, and/or any advertising and publicity without additional compensation.
3. The giveaway rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Minnesota Corn Growers Association, 738 1st Avenue East, Shakopee, MN 55379 and at KernelNation.com through May 1, 2017.
4. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant's identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.
5. By entering, participants represent that they are eligible, and agree (a) to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, (b) to release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, and (c) to Sponsor's use of entrants' personal information.